Clicking on the above image will take you to my Etsy shop. Please take a look! :)

Thursday, October 14, 2010

New Adventures...in Baking & Cooking that is!

I think I have creativity ADD. What am I talking about? Well, before we left for our vacation I was on a sewing "kick". Before that, it was scrapbooking. Now, I'm in cooking and baking mood. Don't get me wrong, I still want to continue sewing-I have LOTS of fabric already cut out to make some really cute tote bags and crayon rolls-and I'll eventually get to the 500+ pictures I have to scrabook. Right now, I'm going with the flow and have my apron on!

Nothing slaps you back into reality after a vacation like an empty refrigerator. (Well, and the Mt. Everest sized mound of laundry-no exaggeration necessary. ;) )  The lack of food in our house is what led me to my half-full outlook on the almost empty refrigerator. (It's okay to laugh out loud right about now at my inability to make a joke, corny or otherwise. Just don't tell me you did. Seriously.:) ) Back to the vacation-it was spent in the happiest place on earth also known as Disney World. Why is that important here? Well, we had some amazing meals and we spent a lot of time at the Food & Wine Festival. (Never been or never heard? Google it. I promise it's amazing!) Needless to say, I was inspired. That and I've been using up everything in our pantry and freezer lately and our meals have definitely lacked in creativity.  But on the plus side-I did find a use for that can of cranberry sauce leftover from Christmas last year. :P

As a result of organizing many of the recipes I have, a recommendation from the Dad of the family I babysit for, and a craving for a "Fall" snack, I have created our meal list for the next week-including snacks and desserts. Not all of these are original recipes, many of them are not and many are an adaptation of a recipe I've tried before and a few came as an inspiration of an item I've eaten before but don't have the recipe to.

Baked Mostaccoli with Meatballs, Salad, and Garlic Bread
Creamed Asparagus Soup with Sundried Tomato Spread & Mozzarella Paninis
Pulled Pork Sandwiches with Cole Slaw
Lettuce Wraps with Roast Pork & Cole Slaw with Corn "Salsa"
Smothered Chicken Breasts with Lemony Broccolini
Garlicky Beef with Snow Peas & Rice
Granola Bars
Carrot and Pineapple Muffins
Milk Chocolate Creme Brulee 
Buttermilk Waffles
Apple Donuts


Curious as to how they are going to turn out? If we liked it or not? Want to see some pictures? You need the recipe so you can try it yourself? Don't worry! All of these questions will be answered in another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment